Friday, November 7, 2008

Opening Friday

Here's a look at this weekends movies:

Soul Men
Madagascar 2
Role Models

I doubt I'll watch any of these except on DVD. Soul Men looks promising and if in a comedic mood, I'd prefer that over Role Models. Even though it features McLovin not as McLovin, the duo of Bernie Mac and Samuel Jackson is too compelling. I can see the back and forth between these two already. Role Models actually stars Paul Rudd and Stiffler, so there is no real comparison. Although the trailer for Role Models looks funny enough, I'm afraid it is one of those situations where I've seen all the funny moments already.
Unfortunately, the Box Office winner will be Madagascar, proving again that kids rule in Hollywood. If you're trying to make bank in Hollywood, write a kids movie. That's what Pixar did. It's a good formula.

No comments: